Shan Chicken Handi [Juicy Chicken in Creamy Tomato Sauce]
50g. Easy to cook, hard to resist!
- chicken - 1kg small cubes.
- tomatoes 500g chopped
- onions 200g sliced
- yoghurt, plain half cup whipped
- fresh cilantro 2/3 tbsp chopped
- single cream half cup
- butter 75g
- cooking oil quarter cup
- shan handi packet x 1
- mix Shan Handi with yoghurt and apply to the chicken cubes marinate for 30 mins.
- boil finely diced tomatoes in 1-2 cup water until soft and tender. Sieve to remove skin and seeds, keep aside [tomato puree].
- separately boil the onions in half cup of water and grind into paste, sieve and keep aside [onion puree].
- in hot oil add the marinated chicken and stirfry for 5mins.
- add tomato puree and onion puree, cover and cook for 10-15mins.
- stir in butter, coriander and single cream, stur 1 minute and remove from heat, serve with hot naan.
Tips for best results: wash the chicken with 2tbsp white vinegar in half cup of water before use.
Ingredients:salt, coriander, red chilli, black pepper, ginger, garlic, paprika, aniseed, turmeric, cumin, citric acid, green cardamom, tartaric acid, almond, coconut powder, maltodextrin, hydrolyzed soy protein, cane sugar, canola oil, anticaking agent: silicon dioxide.