MDH Sambhar Masala [Sambar]
Spices for South Indian curry.
Ingredients: coriander, chilli red, cumin, turmeric, salt white, fenugreek seeds, mustard, chand dal, pigeon pea lentil, black pepper, fennel, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves, nutmeg, fenugreek leaves, cardamom amomum, asafoetida, mace.
- wash and dress 500g vegetable like aubergine, marrow, potatoes, peas etc.
- boil 200g toor dal in 800ml water for 40 mins, retain water.
- soak 50g tamarind in water and extract pulp.
- sieve and add to boiled dal.
- separately fry 100g red onions and 100g chopped tomatoes.
- add vegetables, 20g sambhar masala, salt and stirfry for 5 mins.
- add boiled dal with water and simmer for 20 mins.