Dal Makhani Masala
100g by MDH.
A great spice blend [masala] by MDH for the Indian favourite 'Dal Makhani'. This classic dish can be made with different lentils and pulses but the most common is with Urad Dal.
Recipe for Dal Makhani:
- Soak overnight 110g black lentils [whole urad] and 30g red kidney beans.
- Strain away water.
- Add 1.5 ltr warm water in a deep pan and boil beans till they are soft.
- Add more water if required.
- Separately cook 120g tomato puree & 15g Dal Makhani masala.
- Transfer it to boiling beans. Mix and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add 40g cream and 30g butter.
- Check seasoning, serve with Indian bread or rice.
Ingredients: coriander, red chilli, dry mango, onion flakes, black pepper, dry ginger, salt, cassia, garlic flakes, cloves, nutmeg, asafoetida, star anise, mace, fennel seeds, green cardamom.