Black Tapioca Pearls
250g by WuFuYuan.
Quickcook black tapioca pearls, ready in 5 minutes. These large black tapioca pearls are used in many Asian desserts and drinks. They can be used for the famous 'Bubble tea' or 'Boba' tea drink.
Ready to cook.
Ingredients: tapioca starch, water, corn starch, colour [sulphite ammonia caramel], thickener e412, preservative e262, flavouring.
- in a large pot boil 10 cups of water for every 1 cup of tapioca pearl.
- add tapioca slowly into pot and stir lightly.
- wait until tapioca floats to top and cover pot.
- cook on medium heat for 2-3 mins, then turn down and simmer on lower heat for 2-3 mins.
- scoop out the tapioca and leave to rest in cold water for 20 secs.
- now scoop out into a dry bowl and use as required.
- cook longer for a softer texture. Just add honey or sugar for a quick dessert,